Today while riding my bike to school like I do every day I caught up to another student while he rode. This annoyed me because it slowed me down because I couldn't pass him while I rode on the sidewalk of a busy street. As soon as we reached the intersection he was struck very hard by an old man who ran a red light. I helped the kid out and instructed the old man to go talk to the kid. The freaky thing is that if he hadn't slowed me down I may have been the one hit. I am still phased by this.
Lots of people seem concerned these days about "depressed trench-coat-John-doe" shooting up the school or something but the key is not to live your life worrying because it isn't likely that you are going to predict your death. Today in Iraq, attacks carried out left a victim count of 6 Virginia Techs. In regards to both gruesome attacks, I hope none of the people lived their lives in fear because their lives ended too quickly to begin with.
Live it up, and don't be afraid to be yourself!



edit post

0 Reply to "Danger here, there, and everywhere."

Post a Comment