Hello, and thanks for reading! It has been so long since I have blogged, so let me catch you up with what I have been up to.

Soon after I went hiking at Bear Harbor I moved to Ukiah so I could get ready for the upcoming school year. I had a very difficult test to study for, and passing it meant that I would not have to take a class I didn't want to take, and would allow me to graduate this December. So, I locked myself in the house and studied around 8 hours a day for a week. It was torture, but it paid off because I received the necessary credit, allowing me to graduate this December, and not have to wait until next May to graduate, and saving me from paying the tuition that has risen every semester I have been a student. I am now in the Fall semester which I am quite certain will fly by easily. I am taking 7 units, and am also consumed with various deeds necessary to graduate.

One thing I did other than study in August was work at a 49ers game. I manned an on-field parabolic microphone for KPIX (San Francisco's CBS). It was my first time at Candlestick Park since 1999. It was a nostalgic moment walking onto the field as my childhood memories of going to Giants games were all at Candlestick. The stadium is definitely in need of some repairs or replacement though. It is so rusty and run-down! I ran into some people on the film crews there that I had known from my work in 2007. I even saw a photographer, and a cameraman that I met in Tokyo at the MLB event I worked at. The cameraman was the guy from Salmon Creek.

The noteworthy event in my life was Monday, September 1st when Miho came to visit me for a month! I picked her up at SFO and we drove straight to Truckee from there. We relaxed until Wednesday, when we went to Donner Lake for a swim.

Jet lag and a bike ride



Donner Lake







Making curry that night




The next day we went to Reno and went bowling, saw a cirque-style show, and stayed at the El Dorado downtown!



















The following morning was the Reno Balloon Races so we woke up at 4:45 and went to that event! It was very beautiful so I will let the pictures do the talking.

Early morning and setup





The first balloon up for the patriotic opening ceremony





More balloons soon followed







Smokey the Bear was my favorite
















edit post

0 Reply to "The End of Summer"

Post a Comment