At the San Francisco Palace of Fine Arts


Shortly after helping my dad get into his apartment in San Bruno following his liver transplant, I drove to Eureka to get our dog out of the kennel. I then went to Redway for around a week and a half of dog/house-sitting, and while there the house somehow had an infestation of house-flies. It was impossible that these flies were coming through any doors or windows, but I was never sure where exactly they were coming from. It was a disgusting nuisance, but I would rather deal with flies any day over cockroaches. I was keeping count for a while, and I think I killed between eighty and one-hundred flies.
I then drove down to San Bruno to be with my dad since his wife, Jane, had to return to work in Eureka. I was excited to stay with him because I had a huge list of places that I wanted to take him since he had never really spent any time in the Bay Area.
During one of our outings we saw the "largest crane on the West Coast" as it came into San Francisco bay on a ship.


Another time we saw ducks and turtles at Golden Gate Park


Finally, on Monday of last week, my dad was given clearance to go home. He has been there ever since, and is only having to see doctors at Stanford once a month or so.

On Friday We Celebrated His 55th Birthday at Home!

Bullet Sleeping on His Back



edit post

6 Reply to "Getting Up and Moving Forward"

Anonymous on March 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM

So good to see these pix of your Dad. He looks darn good for an old coot who just had major major surgery! :-D

Aunt Jackie

 

Anonymous on March 25, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Who is that healthy-lookin' guy? And what have you done with my Uncle!?

 

Kym on March 25, 2009 at 8:02 PM

He looks great! I especially like the photo at the top.

Did you guys do the Exploratorium or was he too sick?

 

Ren on March 25, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Thanks for the comments.

Kym> We actually didn't want him inside with all the potentially sick children. The Exploratorium was hosting multiple field-trips that day.

 

Anonymous on March 26, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Wow i had fun!!!! To not only live through the Delerium nightmare....(calling 911 on stanford saying they put the wrong body part in me) . To have family who care enough about you that they take time out of their lives to help you. Ren , you helped me so much, and i had so much fun, i dont know which was more fun. FT. Fundston, Golden Gate Park. Treasure Island, Pier 58, the Chinese resteraunt , the Little Italian place i had a meat ball sandwich , that crooked street we went down. It was the best time i have had in the city, and all i had to do was sit back heal , relax and Ren did the driving and was the Guide. I was only out of the hospital two weeks at this point. Thats probably why i am doing so well now. THANKS REN......DAD

 

Ren on March 26, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Dad> Ya, we had fun and you've come a long way since your delirium episode. See ya soon, Ren

 

Post a Comment