It's been a while since I have blogged hasn't it! Let's see, what's been happening here??
Since I last blogged I had a job interview at an English tutoring place. I had a cold, and was losing interest in the job but I still woke up early and paid for the train ride to the part of the city the seminar was being held. I sat through it and decided that specific job isn't for me but I have some other ideas in mind that I will pursue soon.
Saturday I went to Miho's hometown in Chiba prefecture. It is a nice sort of suburb of Tokyo. It does take time to get there though. By train, the only realistic method of a daily commute, it is 2 hours for her to get to this area of Tokyo I live in. Anyway, I went and visited her family and we all went to a fireworks festival. It was really cool! We brought a delicious Japanese style picnic dinner. The next morning we all watched the Indians - RedSox game. Miho and I went and played Frisbee a big park by her house, ate dinner with her parents, and finally I went home.
Feeling adventurous, today I tried to follow a cookie recipe on the back of a box of pancake mix I have. It didn't even call for chocolate chips so I chopped up a bar of dark chocolate and added it into the cookie dough. The final product resembled what the children of pancakes and cookies must taste like. I found that I need to slightly burn them for them to taste the best. I almost made a huge mistake though when I decided not to read a part of the instructions and just skim and when I saw numbers I just assumed that's how long they needed to bake and that was actually the amount of time they were to sit before eating. It was a close call when I started to smell burning sugar, but everything turned out alright.
I've been watching and understanding more and more of the comedies on TV which is really fun!
Some random notes are that Brad Pitt does cell phone commercials here and Tommy Lee Jones does coffee ads.

Brad Pitt Ad


Tommy Lee Jones Ad


Tomorrow I am going to make my really weird Halloween costume. My friend is having a party on Friday, should be great. I will bring my camera and share pictures later!
Oh ya, I just found out that one of my friends' house burnt down in San Diego along with hundreds of others. She in an exchange student here as well. Apparently absolutely nothing of hers was salvaged. I hope all of you in Southern California stay out of harm's way!



edit post

0 Reply to "Job Interview, Chiba, Fireworks, Cookies, & MORE!"

Post a Comment