Recently things have been so busy in my life. I arranged to take all my finals early so right after winter break I was studying hard and taking lots of tests and writing papers. I was also teaching lots of English which made me even busier.
On a day between two tests I went to Costco with some American friends. It is a 40 minute train ride, plus a 5 minute bus ride to get there. I brought my giant luggage with me to put all my items in for taking home.
The biggest difference at Costco in Japan is that it is two stories so it doesn't take up as much land. Also, the halls aren't as wide but for the most part the store is the same as American Costco. The merchandise they sell are Japanese products mixed in with some American things as well. The things I was excited to buy were pasta sauce, cereal, a mattress pad, bagels, and some other random things. We all ate a pizza there which was very similar to that of Costco in America which was great because Japanese pizza is so much different than what I am used to.






This is a vending maching with a built in defibrillator
(To save people having heart attacks)



Huge chocolate bars



Coke in glass bottles
There is a refundable recycling fee for the case






The carts stick to the inclining moving walkway for getting to the second floor



The Food Court









On the 15th I started my internship working full time at Major League Baseball's office in Tokyo. We are preparing to host the opening series between Oakland and Boston in March so we are busy going to press conferences, holding meetings with associates, and much more. My tasks vary every day but it is fun, challenging, and a great experience. There is a lot I can't talk about though and since this is my life over 40 hours a week I am afraid I will become somewhat boring on this blog for a while.

This morning I woke up to snow!






Tokyo City Blimp Tours ($1400)



Rush hour at one of my train stations




edit post

0 Reply to "First Blog of 2008"

Post a Comment