The Truckee River in mid-June


A couple days ago, with temperatures reaching around 74 degrees here in Truckee, I convinced my sister to take a walk with me down to the Truckee river for a dip. The local mountains still have some snow left on them, making for a beautiful setting for a refreshing swim.

The cold water takes some time to get used to


My first submersion was accomplished by falling backwards


Sami went head first


Heaven


This was the first time I wore my watch in water since I bought it in late January. Stupidly, I used to wear my last watch all the time, even while showering. I somehow didn't think the soap-scum stuck to it was that bad. I can't believe I used to think that way just a few months ago!

On the walk home, a freight train got between us and our neighborhood


Sami contemplating the free ride to Reno


Too bad, you missed it!



edit post

1 Reply to "A Late Spring Swim in the Truckee River"

Anonymous on June 24, 2009 at 6:44 PM

THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A FREE RIDE!! BUT THEN AGAIN, IS ANYTHING REALLY FREE?!?! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TRUCKEE IS. THE RIVER LOOKS PRISTINE...AND CHILLY. PICTURE PERFECT!

 

Post a Comment