I woke up to the weirdest voicemail I've had in a long time.  I have Google Voice so I'm going to try out the voicemail embedding feature.  Check out the message from a random San Francisco number I got:





You've got to love modern technology and how much easier it makes life.  Google Voice allows me to make free calls to any type of phone in the USA and Canada from any land line or from my computer, even when using my computer here in Japan!  Sending and receiving text messages is also totally free and unlimited!

I also get a single number that rings all of my numbers, and I can add and remove numbers it rings at my convenience.   This feature is very good for people who are constantly using different prepaid cell phones like I am because you can still be reached at a single number that everyone knows!  I would never get a regular contract phone the way I am in and out of the country all the time, and couldn't afford the $1000 a year that many of you pay.

This has nothing to do with Google Voice but I actually pay nothing for cellphones or service in the USA.  I actually profit $5-$10 every three months.  This is a totally free and legal process (it doesn't involve returning anything to stores)!  I only get voice and text messaging, but that is more than enough for me!


I can also totally customize it so when certain people call me I can have their call only go to my "home" number, and perhaps, have a client's call go to my cell and work number.


Voicemail is extremely customizable and am able to screen calls without the calling party realizing what's going on because they continue to hear the ringing sound.  I can also listen in on voicemails to see if they are worth picking up, no matter which phone I'm using!  Different outgoing messages can be recorded for different people too!  I can listen to, and manage voicemails online, download them in mp3 format, and share them online like I just did.


Google does its best to transcribe voicemails and instantly sends them to me as text messages and emails in case I am in a situation where I can't listen to anything (restaurant, meeting, class, etc).


Here's more info on Google Voice!





edit post

1 Reply to "Creepy Voicemail and My Love For Google Voice"

Anonymous on November 16, 2009 at 1:56 PM

This sounds like quite a wonderful thing! However, I couldn't get the voice message to play. Technology is really moving along rapidly, or to put it in "old speak": what in the world will they think of next? A.J.

 

Post a Comment