Photobucket

In August, I got an opportunity from my friend, Alan, to work on a reality/game show being shot in San Francisco.  I was staying in Truckee at the time, but made the trip to the city for the week of shooting.  He graciously let me stay with him in Sausalito!

Rehearsing at the Treasure Island shooting location

Photobucket

The show was based on penalizing contestants for their bad driving.  They had a few driving challenges to do around the city, in their own cars, and the driver who did the worst got their car crushed right in front of them (that was fun to watch)!

On location in the Chinatown area

Photobucket

This picture leaves lots to the imagination.  Has anyone ever visited for just a "private" bath?

Here's a more of the surrounding atmosphere

Photobucket

"Where good friends and girls meet."  Sounds too good to be true.

Good deal!

Photobucket

A great restaurant we shot at

Photobucket

The girl second from the left is the owner of The House of Nanking's daughter.  This picture was shot on our rehersal day.  We were provided delicious food there for rehearsal and when we came to shoot!

One of the best meals I've ever had in San Francisco

Photobucket

Our crew eating on shooting day

Photobucket

Proof that I was there.  Proof that I didn't wear sunscreen.

Photobucket

Our teas expended from pods to flowers right before our eyes!

Photobucket

Lombard Street on a beautiful August day

Photobucket

We stopped by Lombard street on the rehearsal day to scope out where were were going to shoot from.  The decision was made to shoot from atop a nearby building.

San Francisco's steepest hill

Photobucket

22nd St at Vicksberg St is said to be San Francisco's steepest decline.  It is a one-way street, which allows room for cars to park head first, as shown in the above photo.  No parking is allowed on the right side. Check out video from one of the test runs:



The old man and his TV

Photobucket

An elderly man living in this spectacular house at 22nd and Vicksberg paid a coworker and I to take his new tv up his stairs.  I asked him if I could use his bathroom, which smelled like marijuana, medicinal, of course!

Unexplainable Canadian craziness

Photobucket

I spotted these guys downtown drinking beers on the street around 11AM.  (For the life of me I can't get this paragraph to justify left!)

Lunch with Alan once our week of work finally ended

Photobucket

Classic 'Frisco

Photobucket




edit post

3 Reply to "Reflecting on Work on a Reality/Game Show in San Francisco"

HeatherK on November 10, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Aw, I miss bridges peeking at me through the fog - and hills & pretty Victorian houses too.

 

Anonymous on November 10, 2009 at 10:04 PM

What is the name of this reality show? A.J.

 

Ren on November 11, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I'm not posting the name of the show here

 

Post a Comment