Sometimes shortcuts lead to regret


I have been one to microwave bacon ever since I saw that as a cooking option on the package of some turkey bacon I bought in San Diego. I typically cook bacon with a few other things, so to have one less thing on the stove, and one less pan to wash is usually a great benefit. I even recently microwaved pork bacon when I cooked breakfast for my dad for his birthday, and it was easily the best breakfast I had ever eaten in my life! A couple days ago, however, I had a bad experience because my bacon was seriously burning after just two minutes in the nuker!

Anyway, as you may have noticed I am using a slightly bigger font. I think it suits my blog better.

Alright, got my blog out of the way and it isn't even 7:00 AM yet... Nothing new there!



edit post

3 Reply to "Microwaving Bacon, Setting It On Fire"

Heather on April 9, 2009 at 2:57 PM

You should try the oven (on foil-lined pan)- ask David for the instructions. His doesn't ignite!

 

Ren on April 9, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Sounds like too much time and clean up to compare with nuking! Thanks for the advice, though! Ovens are rare in Japan, anyway. :(

 

Anonymous on April 9, 2009 at 5:14 PM

However do they roast their Thanksgiving turkeys? LOL

A. J.

 

Post a Comment