Heading up the Fuji TV building at Tokyo's Odaiba island

A last second decision to go to Tokyo's Odaiba (an artificial island) on a rainy day ended up paying off very well with a beautiful rainbow. It just so happened that we had just gone around six stories up a building to an observation area to get a panoramic view when we realized the rainbow was there.

Tourist


Tour guide


Sami then gave a video update of her time in Japan




edit post

10 Reply to "Magnificant Rainbow Over Tokyo's Odaiba"

Anonymous on May 18, 2009 at 6:53 AM

beautiful... it was your lucky day.
Ren- I really like the shot of you riding up the escalator~ you look like a model. :)
~Elly

 

Ren on May 18, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Thanks Elly, it was our lucky day indeed. I am happy you like the picture of me on the escalator. I didn't think it was anything special.

 

Anonymous on May 18, 2009 at 8:34 AM

What a beautiful rainbow. Did you notice on the far right there is another fainter one, making it a "partial double" rainbow?

Love the video of Sami telling about Tokyo, and those huge sunglasses. :-)

I also like the escalator shot. It's sort of an optical illusion as I have never seen a six-story escalator or an arched glass ceiling like that. It appears you are going horizontally instead of vertically except when you see what's outside.

A couple of good-looking kids in those center photos.

A.J.

 

Anonymous on May 18, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Wow! That was quite the elevator,and nice rainbow. Even a British rainbow could not be so beautiful.And the young woman with the sunglasses, where can I find her?? Or is she yours?

 

Sami on May 18, 2009 at 5:16 PM

It was a beautiful day, some of the rainy days we have spent have been the most fun. I have to laugh at myself in this video though, all smiles! Thanks Ren.

 

Kym on May 18, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Serious sunglass envy on my part. Sami, you scored!

The rainbow is one of the best I've ever seen.

 

Anonymous on May 19, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Wow! Cool photo's. Nice to see you are having so much fun. You both look so happy,and we are all anxiously awaiting our new sunglasses.

Dad

 

Ernie Branscomb on May 19, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Ren, I couldn't help but notice the the lights in the escalator tunnel were also Rainbow colored. What's up with that?

 

Ren on May 19, 2009 at 4:24 PM

A.J.> Ya, I noticed the double rainbow. I am happy Sami's camera captured it.

Ernie> I think the escalator lights were just a coincidence, but one thing I have thought is that the main bridge that takes people to that island is called "Rainblw Bridge" so maybe it is in honor of that.

 

Ren on May 19, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Dad> Haha, funny...

 

Post a Comment