On the court with Miho


Last weekend Miho's family hosted Sami and I, as well as some of their friends, for a day at a park for Canon employees. We started the day setting up our shade structure, table, and chairs, and then headed to the tennis courts.

Trying to teach the forehand stroke. "Get your hand out of your pocket!"


I began by trying to teach Sami how to hit the ball. She did well, and was able to rally with the rest of us by midday. We all played games and rallied for a few hours. At one point I got to be on Miho's team but, as you'll see on this video, she was treating me like an enemy!



Miho and I after losing


The sun was shining, and Sami and I both got a little sunburned. Sometimes while Sami was taking a break she would chat with Miho's friends who were having fun practicing their English on her. From a distance it looked as if they were conversing back and forth steadily, but from up-close you could hear, and see the language barrier making things a challenge.

Time for food and drink


The barbecue was a great way to wind down after a good workout. Sami got exposed to a lot of exotic foods and was good about trying all of them.

Miho turning the meat


Sami and I with Miho's family




edit post

4 Reply to "Tennis Balls Flying At My Head"

Anonymous on May 10, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Looks like fun. Bret and I have been playing a bit. We'll have to rally around this summer when you guys get back. You are definitely showing Sami a good time. Love you guys! ~Elly

 

Anonymous on May 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I would love to try some of the bbq. Sounds fun! Not sure I am ready for tennis, But I am getting closer to it. I would have to play in SLOW MO

DAD

 

Anonymous on May 10, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Looks like a fun afternoon, except for the part about getting hit in the head!

A. J.

 

Anonymous on May 12, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Good thing you weren't doing a discus throw instead! But seriously, glad you both are having fun.

Jane

 

Post a Comment