I have been eagerly awaiting the day when I would no longer have to endure what many people have called the most failed US presidency in history. That day will come tomorrow. I have all of my faith in Obama, and I hope he is able to lead our nation towards many positive changes.

You may recall the recent incident where a reporter threw his shoes at President Bush during a press conference. Well, that sort of anger management was unleashed to the public on the streets of San Francisco, as a carnival-type booth was setup for people to toss shoes at the soon to be former president.

I actually had no idea this event was even going on. I left home early and took advantage of free parking downtown because it was a Sunday. I parked near First and Market, and walked along the bay to Fisherman's Wharf. I started to feel kind of sick, like I was getting a cold, so I decided to take a trolley back to Market Street. On the way, though, we passed this booth and I had to see what exactly was going on.

The booth was setup by the Oakland-based "Courage to Resist", which supports military service objectors. Just like the real Bush, it isn't necessarily easy to hit him with a shoe. Bush did a pretty nice job dodging the first shoe that was thrown at him at the conference. I have never been so impressed with him! Check out this link to a professionally done video of the booth, and also check out me as I go two for three. (I didn't feel like I was getting a cold anymore after I participated!)



Video of my turn



Tomorrow I will be waking up early to be at the San Francisco City Hall's inauguration festivities. See you there!



edit post

2 Reply to "Shoe Bush, don't bother me!"

Anonymous on January 21, 2009 at 1:59 PM

thank god the bush scene is over for awhile. I am 54 and never seen our country in such terrible shape. YES,he baby George, is responsible for allot of it. A shoe or two thrown at you is nothing compared to grinding a country to the ground with the sole of your shoe.
I believe that Obama has his work cut out for him. He can be very successful , if we all join in and help. we have to help make things right,we have to pay attention. I believe that this country can do it.

 

Ren on January 21, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Rainking> Like they say, out with the old, in with the new. I too believe we can do it!

 

Post a Comment