To begin, dial-up internet is the pits! My blog entries, for a few days, will not be as carefully laid out because it is tedious enough just accessing Blogger's blog editor with these slow speeds. I have my browser not loading images, and am using the text only, cell phone version of Yahoo Mail. I really recommend the cell phone version of Yahoo Mail if you ever have to use dial-up, it caters to low speed connections very well! The address is http://m.yahoo.com, and your computer can access it!

Anyway, I am hoping to slowly keep my journal going in chronological order, and it seems that I still have stuff to talk about from December.
On the 2oth, I got to see my Dad, and his wonderful bride, Jane, for the first time since they married in Hawaii earlier in December. Between 2006 and 2008, my immediate family has added three unique, kind, and fun individuals by marriage. I am sure it is only a matter of time before the stork brings one of my sisters a delivery of some sort, but there's no need to rush ;)

Photobucket
Photobucket


The following day Miho and I drove to Truckee, and for the first time in my life, I had to put chains on a car. Snow was falling on Donner Pass just enough to force Caltrans to require chains, which was a real inconvenience to me. For those of you who don't know, putting chains is a cold, wet, dirty job. I somehow managed to mess up three times before getting the chains on and being able to continue up the interstate. I even had them on backwards at one point even though I was reading the instructions step-by-step! It was frustrating, but a good learning experience. To be honest, the instructions are not well written!

You don't need to see my face to know I wasn't smiling!

Photobucket
Photobucket



edit post

2 Reply to "My Family Grows, and My First Time to Chain-Up!"

Anonymous on January 12, 2009 at 10:15 PM

hahaha i didnt know that it was ur first time to put chains on tires because youve been there many times! good work :)

 

Ren on January 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Miho> Thanks. I had confidence like I had done it before because I thought it would be easy!

 

Post a Comment