Summer Day at the Beach in January (2)

9:51 PM by , under


What an epic day yesterday was at San Francisco's Ocean Beach. It was warm, there was a slight breeze, and the sun was bright. Myself, and the couple that shares our basement, Charlie and Jamie, cooked some sausages on the shore, and complimented them with cherries, chips, and Heineken. I used the camp-stove that has been in my family my whole life, and is still running well. I joked with my friends that I have eaten as many meals outdoors as I have indoors!
For a while I just gazed out at the sea and let the rays of sun trick me into thinking it was July. I looked closely for whales, because I saw one just over a week ago, unfortunately I didn't see any this time.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


A foreign tourist in American flag shorts, and a Venice Beach t-shirt walked with his friends past me at one point. I wonder which beach he liked more, and which one had better weather?
The unseasonably warm, rainless weather can be fun, but I think we are due for some precipitation! This is definitely the first day in my life I have gotten sunburned at the beach, and watched the NFL playoffs in the same day.



edit post

2 Reply to "Summer Day at the Beach in January"

Kym on January 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM

It was a beautiful day here in Humboldt, too. And today is another!

 

Ren on January 11, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Kym> I am on the Mendocino coast now, almost as far up as you, and it is indeed a great day. Breezy here though. I just saw a whale off Highway One near Albion.

 

Post a Comment